Thursday, March 21, 2013

Didn't Your Mama Tell You?

Didn't your Mama tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?  Well, that's why I haven't posted in awhile.  As much as I'm sure folks get tired of hearing (reading about) me complaining about feeling bad, I get tired of talking (typing) about it!

But when that's the running headline in your life, it's hard to talk about anything else.  Especially when your health prevents you from getting out and experiencing fun and interesting things to post about.  Not a whole lot happens inside.  I did catch a glimpse of the St. Patrick's Day dog parade last weekend as it passed by with both dogs and owners adorned in festive attire.

So I'm still trying to adjust to my new additional diagnose of fibromyalgia.  I bought a book about it.  I joined a few online groups.  Several sources recommend "gentle" exercise.  Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what that is apparently because everything I've tried from leisurely walking, stretching and bicycling has knocked me on my butt for days.  Maybe I need to read more of that book I bought.

Hopefully the warmer weather will help me be able to get out a little more.  There's so many cool things going on in the area.  I'm going to the Seaside Farmer's Market on Saturday and I can't back out because I placed an order from a local vendor.  I went there a few weeks ago with a couple of friends and came across Hale & Hearty, Wholesome Prepared Foods To Go.  Seaside is an awesome little town.  A "master-planned" community and the location for filming of the Jim Carrey movie The Truman Show.  Unfortunately, the weather forecast isn't looking favorable with a good chance of thunderstorms but at least I won't have to worry about cooking dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment